The Sun’s Financial Diary tagged me a few days ago to list 5 things you may not know about me. So, here they are:
1. I have a stretched-canvas photo of cattle grazing under some tulip trees on my wall. I shot it while we were on vacation a couple of years ago. The horse I was on at the time didn’t appreciate having to wait while his stablemates kept going, but he did stop fidgeting long enough for me to get the shot. Usually, I shoot at weddings.
2. I signed up for calculus as an elective in high school because I thought it would be fun. Then I decided real quick that it wasn’t, and dropped the class the first week. I took biology instead, which I did enjoy. It’s been quite a while since I was in high school. Or college. Or graduate school.
3. I collect Cherry Ames books from the 1940s and ’50s. My mom gave me a few when I was little that she had as a kid and got me hooked. Other than those and some reference books, I get most of the books that I read from the library. I love to read.
4. I helped alpha-test World of Warcraft. I play occasionally now but don’t have time most of the time. Usually by the time I log in again the people I played with are 20 levels past me. One of the zillions of mobs there is named after me, so that’s my claim to fame.
5. I am very, very stubborn. And picky. But I prefer to think of it as persistent and selective.
I know I’m supposed to tag 5 people that I’d like to know more about, but so many people have done it already that I can’t keep track of who hasn’t. So if you haven’t, consider yourself tagged :)