I’m hereby committing to (amazing how hard this is to write) spending no more than $125 on eating out for the next month. My budgeted amount is $150, but I’ve been consistently going over that by $50 to $100. I can afford to spend the additional money, but I’m not getting enough benefit from the eating out. Also, eating out so much is making it hard for me to be healthy. (One bread stick at Olive Garden is like 200 calories? And I don’t eat just one.) I think I’ve finally had enough of too much, so this is my plan:
1. Make up a meal plan for every day in September that allows for leftovers.
2. Purchase the food for that meal plan.
3. Actually make the food on schedule.
4. Specify the days that I will eat out.
5. Allow 1-2 “I’m-just-not-in-the-mood-for-cooking” days to be changed up at random.
6. Write down everything I eat.
I figure I will get healthier and save money in the bargain.