Apple’s Inc. came out in the year 1976 whose product, iPhone has helped it grab eyeballs of the elite classes. Also, commoners and grow magnanimously in terms of market share, profit, and sales. Apple has evolved to a great extent, making its worth almost reaching $500 billion in its service line. Its hardware business has helped its worth reach about $100 billion. This clearly states the success of its service line of business even though it occupies a much smaller proportion of the total sales of Apple.
The country that contributed most in the sales of Apple products and services in America. Both North and South America has led to an increase in the operating profit of the company.
China is also a country of utmost significance for when it comes to the list of highest contributors to sales of the company. Greater China, including China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, stands second. Its sales have been rising rapidly, making its contribution go up. Europe’s increase of operating profit and purchase is increasing, but at a pace that is not at par with Greater China, and thus, its significance has been deteriorating slowly. Following are the five lines of business where Apple has earned the right name:
- iPhone– iPhone is one of the most sought after smartphones of the new generation. It has managed to hold its position ever since 2009 consistently all across the globe. The fourth quarter of 2018 has been able to capture a market share of 15.8% and has successfully sold 64.5 million units which signify a significant deterioration from its market share of 17.9% in the year 2017. A few new features have also become part of this phone that is in style globally.
- Apple Services– Apple services include all those services related to iCloud storage to Apple music and many more. A plethora of services is provided to the users of Apple, whose CEO is Tim Cook. In the fiscal year 2018, Apple services have marked a revenue of $37.2 billion. Addition of the Apple Card and video game subscription to its wide array of services, Apple expects a rise in its revenue.
- MAC– Mac has been witnessing a surge due to the fall in demand for PCs globally. In the fiscal year 2018, the sales have been $25.5 billion. MAC is an essential part of the company being a part of the interlinked product family.
- iPad– Having launched its first iPad in the year 2019, Apple has been gaining major success. In the fiscal year 2018, Ipad sales have been $18.8 billion, and the first quarter of the year has also marked growth by 17%, which is a good sign.
- Other products from Apple– Apple watches, home pods, and Airpods make up the category. New releases and new features have helped it raise its market share significantly in Q1 of 2018 by 33%, with $17.4 billion sales for the same year.