Frugality is a habit just like any other. Habits are powerful things. If you make sure to get into good habits, they can change your life for the better, a little bit at a time.
Some examples of frugal habits that I use without thinking about them are:
- Using half the recommended amount of laundry detergent
- Washing a few large loads on the weekends (to use less water and a cheaper time of use) instead of several smaller loads
- Using half a dryer sheet instead of a whole one
- Making sure the dishwasher is full before running it
- Using only a small amount of dish detergent instead of the recommended amount
- Using a mop, vinegar & water instead of the hateful-smelling Swiffer
- Turning worn-out clothes into rags, which can then be used instead of paper towels
- Combining errands into one circular trip
What habits do you have that are frugal?