“The early bird gets the worm.”
Waking up early in the morning is one of the most common challenges the millennial generation faces. The morning alarms are our enemies and nothing seems to pull us out of our beds, even on the brightest of the mornings or the best of our intentions. Well, turns out, waking up early in the morning isn’t exactly very difficult. You just need to follow some tips which will help you grow into an early riser from a late-night dweller. Read on the following to become a morning person:
(1) What you really have to do is to manipulate the environment around you – make some changes in your bedroom. Make sure you block all sources of light when you sleep – even the little light on the TV monitor that indicates that your TV is turned off. For people who have difficulties in sleeping can get distracted by the tiniest of light sources.
(2) The other most important thing to do is to stop using any of these gadgets before you go to sleep – you have to get rid of the habit of checking your phones before you sleep. Keep everything away at least 2 hours before you go to sleep – laptops, pones, TV. The blue light from these screens tends to effect human body’s Melatonin levels, a hrmone that controls your sleep cycle.
(3) If you want to read a book, don’t read it on your phones or on a kindle. Read an actual book.
(4) Your eating pattern also has a major effect on your sleep cycle – it is advisable to eat a big lunch, keeping the breakfast and dinner slightly lighter.
(5) It is also advisable to wake up to a bright sunny room. The sunlight will decrease your grogginess and will make you feel a little more alert when you wake up.
(6) If you have a habit of turning off the alarm when it goes, without realizing that you are turning it off, you might want to put that alarm all across the room. So, every time your alarm goes off, you have to actually get up out of your bed to turn it off. This way the odds are that you don’t actually go back to sleep and wake up to the big bright day.
(7) Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up. Some people prefer having a cup of coffee instead. But, nevertheless, both these drinks will make you feel a little more energetic.