Lazy Man & Money has started a meme about the Top Ten Ways Personal Finance Blogging Has Helped Me. If you’re interested in participating, let him know that you’ve done so & he’ll link to you.
10. It makes me feel good to know that I may be helping others.
9. It helped me discover & evaluate long-held beliefs about money that I didn’t even know I had.
8. Reading other people’s posts has inspired me: to become a better writer, a better marketer, and (still working on this one) to find my voice as a writer.
7. It’s showing me the power of networking.
6. It’s inspired me to generate passive income. It’s actually created some passive income as well.
5. It’s given has given me a regular writing schedule. I post at least once a day, every day, rain or shine, which means I must schedule a minimum of 7 posts per week.
4 It’s given me focus.
3. It got me thinking about making money for the first time (and acting on those thoughts) instead of just not spending money.
2. It motivated me to pay off $10,000 in student loans in 4 months.
1. It’s allowed me to interact and connect with some really great people.